Minutes West Norwalk Association Board of Directors Meeting
Norwalk Community College, West Campus
October 7, 2002
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 p.m. by Peter O’Hara.
Board members present: Peter O’Hara, Alan Murnick, Bob Wagman, Chris Bryan, David Frishkorn, Sam Jones, Manny Llorca, Tina Staples
Doug Fletcher, the principal with Velocity Sports and Michael DiScala, realtor for TransLux made a presentation on Velocity Sports.
- Trans Lux Corp. desires to enter into a leasing arrangement with Velocity Sports Performance, providing Velocity Sports Performance with 18,000 square feet of space in the northeast corner of the existing facility.
- Velocity Sports Performance intends to provide a sports performance training service at the site.
- The site is currently zoned “Light Industrial 2”.
- In order for Velocity Sports Performance to operate at the site, a zoning amendment will be proposed, modifying the description of “Light Industrial 2” to permit fitness use.
- Velocity Sports Performance has agreed to work with the West Norwalk Association to develop zoning language which will ensure subsequent tenants of the site cannot engage in fitness activities resulting in onerous traffic or other implications to the neighborhood.
- Velocity Sports Performance presented a business description and estimated implications to West Norwalk at the October Board Meeting.
The Board asked many questions and will try to get the neighbors reactions. They thanked the presenters and said it will be discussed at their November 4 meeting.
Acceptance of minutes: Motion to accept the minutes of August 5 Board meeting, with correction that the actual cost of the D&O Insurance was $675 not the approved sum of $750, was made by David Frishkorn, seconded by Sam Jones.
Peter distributed a sign up sheet requesting the directors’ preference for committee assignments. Directors were asked to turn them in during the meeting or by e-mail prior to the next meeting so assignments can be made.
Board directory was distributed.
Directors by Class was distributed.
D. Frishkorn presented the treasurer’s report (see report) and reported that we had received $465.00 in annual dues. $530.00 was paid out to cover the cost of the annual meeting. The closing balance on the account (as of 10/7/02) is $5775.37. A motion to accept the treasurer’s report as presented was made by Alan Murnick, seconded by Bob Wagman and the motion passed unanimously.
Presentation of new slate of Officers: Tina Staples presented the new slate of Officers for 2002-2003:
President – Peter O’Hara
Vice-President – Penny Hoffman
Treasurer – David Frishkorn
Secretary – Christopher Bryan
Slate to be voted on at the November 7th meeting.
The Prudential situation is one of concern. The Board must wait to find out what Prudential intends to do with their filing with P&Z. In the meantime M. Llorca will work on finding a lawyer, and look at the cost implications.
The discussion on Kohl’s was postponed.
Alan Murnick spoke to Mr. Grumman on doing traffic and feasibility study for road bumps on Stephen Mather. A 3 way stop sign is in the works at Ponus and Hunters Lane, and also at Fillow and Fox Run Road. Some rough paving is planned for Fillow Street by Little Fox Lane. Public Works is also looking into repaving Fillow Street from Fox Run Road to West Norwalk Road but not until the spring.
Paul Cantor’s letter was circulated and read. We decided not to make a decision at this time and to hold off until the next meeting.
Bob Wagman made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Mani Llorca and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned.